What is the test for an application to increase the amount claimed for injury to dignity, feelings and self-respect?

Ontario, Canada

The following excerpt is from Khan v. Peel Condominium Corporation No. 492, 2016 HRTO 419 (CanLII):

The respondent takes no position with respect to the applicant’s request to be permitted to amend his Application to increase the amount claimed for injury to dignity, feelings and self-respect, and this amendment is permitted in accordance with the test in Wozenilek v. 7-Eleven, 2009 HRTO 926, by “taking into account the stage at which the request to amend is made, the nature of the amendment and the absence of any apparent prejudice.” Since the respondent takes no position, there is no prejudice to it.

Other Questions

Is there any case law relating to an accident benefit application where a delay in submitting the Application due to a personal relationship preventing the Applicant from making an application? (Ontario, Canada)
Is Rule 24(1) of the Rules of Civil Procedure applicable in determining costs of a claim against a party who is successful in a claim? (Ontario, Canada)
How have the courts dealt with an application where the applicant's disrespectful behaviour was so extreme that the application was dismissed as abuse of process? (Ontario, Canada)
Is a change in the terms of an application for a variation in the amount of time taken to amend the application? (Ontario, Canada)
How much time must an applicant have to serve and file a cost claim against the respondent in a personal injury case? (Ontario, Canada)
In a personal injury action, can a court second-guess the amount of time claimed for costs? (Ontario, Canada)
Is child support payable now and retroactively in the amount claimed by counsel for the applicant? (Ontario, Canada)
Is a motion for a stay of execution pending a counter-claim, cross-claim and third party claim valid? (Ontario, Canada)
On the ground of urgency, in what circumstances will the applicant continue with her application for leave to continue with the application? (Ontario, Canada)
Can an applicant who entered into a family law proceeding with a pleading claim to a 50% interest in the respondent's property make an offer to settle that reflected a compromise from his pleaded claim? (Ontario, Canada)

Alexi white

"The most advanced legal research software ever built."

Trusted by top litigators from across North America.